Underground emcee Lex One has linked up with Mike Beatz and Verbal Kush to form Major League. The Florida trio go “eye for an eye” on the smooth street cut Killas Collide, over Colombian necktie production by RL. Also strapped to the track is Infamous Mobb co-defendant Ty Nitty, who paints a picture vibrant enough to sway even the most dedicated haters. While Lex One may claim to be the “best thing out of the South” in quite a while, it is his Ted Bundy-like charisma that could convince any jury of his certified gangsta status. Major League swings for the fences on Killas Collide and they don’t strike out. The Grand Larceny mixtape is in stores now.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.