Major Lazer has a knack for simple and meaningless, yet insanely catchy hooks. I spent more of 2013 than I’d like to admit humming, “Bubble butt, bubble bubble bubble butt.” Well, now I know what’s going to be running through my mental for the next few months: “Brrrang! Ba-bum ba-bum / Aerosol Can, ba-bum ba-bum / Monkey outside, ba-bum ba-bum.” On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the Diplo alter-ego enlists recording artist and superproducer Pharrell Williams to deliver some entertainingly bugged-out bars over a spare, syncopated percussion rhythm accented by rattling-can effects. The result is as effortlessly sticky as anything in Mr. Lazer’s repertoire. But enough outta me: are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the February 25, release of new EP Apocalypse Soon.
Update: We have added the Kyle dePinna-directed visuals for Major Lazer’s Aerosol Can single.
Written by richard on 04/17/14
Dancehall hitmaker Major Lazer has liberated his latest collection of original jams, the Apocalypse Soon EP. Coming on the heels of 2013 studio album Free the Universe, the project features five fresh cuts from the Diplo...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Free ColeWorld" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.