Major Lazer has a knack for simple and meaningless, yet insanely catchy hooks. I spent more of 2013 than I’d like to admit humming, “Bubble butt, bubble bubble bubble butt.” Well, now I know what’s going to be running through my mental for the next few months: “Brrrang! Ba-bum ba-bum / Aerosol Can, ba-bum ba-bum / Monkey outside, ba-bum ba-bum.” On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the Diplo alter-ego enlists recording artist and superproducer Pharrell Williams to deliver some entertainingly bugged-out bars over a spare, syncopated percussion rhythm accented by rattling-can effects. The result is as effortlessly sticky as anything in Mr. Lazer’s repertoire. But enough outta me: are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the February 25, release of new EP Apocalypse Soon.
Update: We have added the Kyle dePinna-directed visuals for Major Lazer’s Aerosol Can single.
Written by richard on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Free ColeWorld" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)