Major Lazer has a knack for simple and meaningless, yet insanely catchy hooks. I spent more of 2013 than I’d like to admit humming, “Bubble butt, bubble bubble bubble butt.” Well, now I know what’s going to be running through my mental for the next few months: “Brrrang! Ba-bum ba-bum / Aerosol Can, ba-bum ba-bum / Monkey outside, ba-bum ba-bum.” On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the Diplo alter-ego enlists recording artist and superproducer Pharrell Williams to deliver some entertainingly bugged-out bars over a spare, syncopated percussion rhythm accented by rattling-can effects. The result is as effortlessly sticky as anything in Mr. Lazer’s repertoire. But enough outta me: are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the February 25, release of new EP Apocalypse Soon.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Free ColeWorld" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.