Best known for their guest contribution to Drake‘s summer-2013 smash, Hold On We’re Going Home, OVO-signed duo Majid Jordan step into the solo spotlight with the newly-released title track off their forthcoming EP. On A Place Like This, beatsmith Jordan Ullman‘s quavering synths and jittery rhythm section set the mood as Majid Ali Maskati paints an oblique, yet poignant lyrical picture of a relationship on the rocks. Visuals are directed by Common Good. This understated standout cut is just one of many alt-R&B bangers to be found on Majid Jordan’s A Place Like This EP, due out July 22, via OVO Sound and Warner Bros..
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
OVO Sound/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On We're Going Home" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.