Best known for their guest contribution to Drake‘s summer-2013 smash, Hold On We’re Going Home, OVO-signed duo Majid Jordan step into the solo spotlight with the newly-released title track off their forthcoming EP. On A Place Like This, beatsmith Jordan Ullman‘s quavering synths and jittery rhythm section set the mood as Majid Ali Maskati paints an oblique, yet poignant lyrical picture of a relationship on the rocks. Visuals are directed by Common Good. This understated standout cut is just one of many alt-R&B bangers to be found on Majid Jordan’s A Place Like This EP, due out July 22, via OVO Sound and Warner Bros..
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
OVO Sound/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On We're Going Home" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.