Best known for their guest contribution to Drake‘s summer-2013 smash, Hold On We’re Going Home, OVO-signed duo Majid Jordan step into the solo spotlight with the newly-released title track off their forthcoming EP. On A Place Like This, beatsmith Jordan Ullman‘s quavering synths and jittery rhythm section set the mood as Majid Ali Maskati paints an oblique, yet poignant lyrical picture of a relationship on the rocks. Visuals are directed by Common Good. This understated standout cut is just one of many alt-R&B bangers to be found on Majid Jordan’s A Place Like This EP, due out July 22, via OVO Sound and Warner Bros..
Written by richard on 07/8/14
OVO Sound/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On We're Going Home" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.