Best known for their guest contribution to Drake‘s summer-2013 smash, Hold On We’re Going Home, OVO-signed duo Majid Jordan step into the solo spotlight with the newly-released title track off their forthcoming EP. On A Place Like This, beatsmith Jordan Ullman‘s quavering synths and jittery rhythm section set the mood as Majid Ali Maskati paints an oblique, yet poignant lyrical picture of a relationship on the rocks. Visuals are directed by Common Good. This understated standout cut is just one of many alt-R&B bangers to be found on Majid Jordan’s A Place Like This EP, due out July 22, via OVO Sound and Warner Bros..
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
OVO Sound/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On We're Going Home" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.