Best known for their guest contribution to Drake‘s summer-2013 smash, Hold On We’re Going Home, OVO-signed duo Majid Jordan step into the solo spotlight with the newly-released title track off their forthcoming EP. On A Place Like This, beatsmith Jordan Ullman‘s quavering synths and jittery rhythm section set the mood as Majid Ali Maskati paints an oblique, yet poignant lyrical picture of a relationship on the rocks. Visuals are directed by Common Good. This understated standout cut is just one of many alt-R&B bangers to be found on Majid Jordan’s A Place Like This EP, due out July 22, via OVO Sound and Warner Bros..
Written by richard on 07/8/14
OVO Sound/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On We're Going Home" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.