Ready, Set, Go (Bounce), the first single from Majic Massey‘s forthcoming debut album, is a unique song with a distinctive Swizz Beatz sound. Starting off with a foghorn intro, the track then segues into a bizarre Casio loop. Was The Safety Dance sampled? The kitschy hook is charming, and makes for an offbeat backdrop for Majic’s Ne-yo-esque, suave vocals. Hopefully he can continue to work his Majic on the rest of his debut album, Majic City, coming soon.
Written by Beeb on 06/28/07
Submit your Rating
Plugged Ent./SRC/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fa Sho ft. Ray Lavender" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.