If the Nielsen ratings show a steep drop-off in overall TV viewership in the Brooklyn area, there’s a perfectly rational explanation: everyone has their eyes glued to Maino. On Watch Me Do It, the latest single off his forthcoming EP, the Hustle Hard emcee boasts of his Jersey Shore-esque ability to keep fans and haters alike tuned in. As he puts it over an uncredited beatsmith’s trap-infused boardwork, “You can love or hate me, but you watchin, n**ga.” Just in case Maino’s own stunting isn’t enough to sustain your undivided attention, Grand Hustle general T.I. and Bad Boy hitmaker French Montana contribute larger-than-life guest bars. The NYC mainstay’s first project since 2012’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, King of Brooklyn is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 4.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.