If the Nielsen ratings show a steep drop-off in overall TV viewership in the Brooklyn area, there’s a perfectly rational explanation: everyone has their eyes glued to Maino. On Watch Me Do It, the latest single off his forthcoming EP, the Hustle Hard emcee boasts of his Jersey Shore-esque ability to keep fans and haters alike tuned in. As he puts it over an uncredited beatsmith’s trap-infused boardwork, “You can love or hate me, but you watchin, n**ga.” Just in case Maino’s own stunting isn’t enough to sustain your undivided attention, Grand Hustle general T.I. and Bad Boy hitmaker French Montana contribute larger-than-life guest bars. The NYC mainstay’s first project since 2012’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, King of Brooklyn is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 4.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.