When you’ve built your public image (and much of your fortune) on the appearance of ‘wholesomeness,’ it’s got to sting when your numerous infidelities are revealed to the world and your meticulously-crafted facade falls to pieces faster than you can text, “Hey, would you mind taking my name off your phone?” Of course, the rap game is a hell of a lot more tolerant of pathological playerism than professional golf – on his latest promo single, Maino goes so far as to claim Tiger as a role model. Backed by The Colleagues’ catchy, synth-fortified stomp-clap rhythm, the Brooklynite issues a half-hearted apology for his philandering ways (“I need help, ‘cause I know I’ve got a got a problem… I can’t lie, I’m a dog, I’m a cheater.”), made to seem somewhat less sincere by the surrounding braggadocio (“I’ve got women in the burbs, women in the hood…”). While I somehow doubt this track will receive heavy rotation in Woods’ iPod, Tiger will undoubtedly find a home in the earphones and car stereos of listeners in the Booth and beyond. Fans should check back with us on January 6, when we unveil the Best of the Booth ‘09; Maino’s hit single All the Above is in the running for “Best Hip-Hop Record (Mainstream)” and “Best Club Anthem.”
Written by richard on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.