After signing a distribution deal with Atlantic Records, Brooklyn’s Maino wasted no time giving props on his new single, Streets Been Good To Me. Promising his fans that despite his new deal, he won’t let success go to his head, Maino wants to remain as humble as his underground come up. Ice Drake‘s production seems to complement the track fittingly; a mid tempo beat is somewhat a perfect fit for Maino’s pacing and flow. Look for more street anthems when Maino’s debut, Death Before Dishonor, is released in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 09/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.