Hope you’ve got shades handy; on the latest single off his sophomore set, Maino Shines so brightly that he just might burn out your retinas (How can a song burn our your retinas, you ask? Beats me—I’m a music journalist, not a biologist.) GQ Beats eerily familiar, keyboard-led beat (anyone I.D. the sample source?) bangs in the back as the Brooklyn representative looks back on his journey from rags to riches. An uncredited female singer provides vocal support. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear plenty more fresh cuts on Maino’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, released in February and available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Maino Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.