Hope you’ve got shades handy; on the latest single off his sophomore set, Maino Shines so brightly that he just might burn out your retinas (How can a song burn our your retinas, you ask? Beats me—I’m a music journalist, not a biologist.) GQ Beats eerily familiar, keyboard-led beat (anyone I.D. the sample source?) bangs in the back as the Brooklyn representative looks back on his journey from rags to riches. An uncredited female singer provides vocal support. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear plenty more fresh cuts on Maino’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, released in February and available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Maino
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.