Hope you’ve got shades handy; on the latest single off his sophomore set, Maino Shines so brightly that he just might burn out your retinas (How can a song burn our your retinas, you ask? Beats me—I’m a music journalist, not a biologist.) GQ Beats eerily familiar, keyboard-led beat (anyone I.D. the sample source?) bangs in the back as the Brooklyn representative looks back on his journey from rags to riches. An uncredited female singer provides vocal support. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear plenty more fresh cuts on Maino’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, released in February and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.