Hope you’ve got shades handy; on the latest single off his sophomore set, Maino Shines so brightly that he just might burn out your retinas (How can a song burn our your retinas, you ask? Beats me—I’m a music journalist, not a biologist.) GQ Beats eerily familiar, keyboard-led beat (anyone I.D. the sample source?) bangs in the back as the Brooklyn representative looks back on his journey from rags to riches. An uncredited female singer provides vocal support. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear plenty more fresh cuts on Maino’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, released in February and available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Maino
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.