Hope you’ve got shades handy; on the latest single off his sophomore set, Maino Shines so brightly that he just might burn out your retinas (How can a song burn our your retinas, you ask? Beats me—I’m a music journalist, not a biologist.) GQ Beats eerily familiar, keyboard-led beat (anyone I.D. the sample source?) bangs in the back as the Brooklyn representative looks back on his journey from rags to riches. An uncredited female singer provides vocal support. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear plenty more fresh cuts on Maino’s The Day After Tomorrow LP, released in February and available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Maino
Written by richard on 04/17/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.