NBA Hall-of-Famer Charles Barkley once famously said, “I’m not a role model.” Echoing that sentiment is current stove-hot emcee Maino, whose major label debut, If Tomorrow Comes…, is right around the corner. Role Model, which is set for inclusion on his forthcoming LP, is produced by Alex The Kid and has the Brooklyn native stressing that he is “bad company; don’t look up to me.” Though Barkley, a premier athlete in the NBA, was heavily criticized at the time for the comments he made, Maino’s open and honest assessment of his responsibility to the youth of America is spot on. While the parents of Maino’s teen fans won’t be too happy, the record proves the Atlantic Records signee is on the right track musically.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.