NBA Hall-of-Famer Charles Barkley once famously said, “I’m not a role model.” Echoing that sentiment is current stove-hot emcee Maino, whose major label debut, If Tomorrow Comes…, is right around the corner. Role Model, which is set for inclusion on his forthcoming LP, is produced by Alex The Kid and has the Brooklyn native stressing that he is “bad company; don’t look up to me.” Though Barkley, a premier athlete in the NBA, was heavily criticized at the time for the comments he made, Maino’s open and honest assessment of his responsibility to the youth of America is spot on. While the parents of Maino’s teen fans won’t be too happy, the record proves the Atlantic Records signee is on the right track musically.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.