With the seemingly-endless delays plaguing his second full-length, NYC repper Maino‘s best bet to get the set on store shelves is, of course, a hit single. Kicked off with a cry of “This one’s for the radio” courtesy of guest Rico Love, the newly-released Ooh Aaah just might be that jam. With smooth production by beatsmith Jim Jonsin, freaky rhymes, and Love’s characteristically silky hook stylings, the record fits all the specifications, but does it have that special something needed to achieve smash-hit status? Debate away – and keep it locked for release details on Maino’s Atlantic Records sophomore set, The Day After Tomorrow...
Written by richard on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.