On an unreleased cut featured this past May, Maino claimed: “I got money on my mind, deck full of ice… you know what I’m about, I’m About That Life.” For several months, that was the final word on the matter. Today, however, the Big Apple street soldier returns to throw everything we thought we knew about what he was about into question—previously believed to be just one of several topics occupying his headspace, cash becomes Maino’s sole focus on new single I’m About Cream. The follow-up to lead effort Let It Fly, this hustle anthem finds Mista Raja and Sef Millz flipping a line from Ricky Rozay‘s MC Hammer as the centerpiece for his street-ready synth beat, which the rapper proceeds to lace with his trademark paper-stacking hood talk. While you’d think fellow currency aficionado Lil Wayne would be too busy counting that Carter IV money to make an appearance, the Young Money megastar demonstrates his commitment to the grind with a characteristically punchline-heavy guest 16. Digging Maino’s latest ode to the Almighty Dollar? More lucrative bangers await on long-delayed sophomore LP The Day After Tomorrow, set to hit stores sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 09/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)