On an unreleased cut featured this past May, Maino claimed: “I got money on my mind, deck full of ice… you know what I’m about, I’m About That Life.” For several months, that was the final word on the matter. Today, however, the Big Apple street soldier returns to throw everything we thought we knew about what he was about into question—previously believed to be just one of several topics occupying his headspace, cash becomes Maino’s sole focus on new single I’m About Cream. The follow-up to lead effort Let It Fly, this hustle anthem finds Mista Raja and Sef Millz flipping a line from Ricky Rozay‘s MC Hammer as the centerpiece for his street-ready synth beat, which the rapper proceeds to lace with his trademark paper-stacking hood talk. While you’d think fellow currency aficionado Lil Wayne would be too busy counting that Carter IV money to make an appearance, the Young Money megastar demonstrates his commitment to the grind with a characteristically punchline-heavy guest 16. Digging Maino’s latest ode to the Almighty Dollar? More lucrative bangers await on long-delayed sophomore LP The Day After Tomorrow, set to hit stores sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 09/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.