Time for another pop quiz – is Maino (a.) a soldier, (b.) a rider, or (c.) a ghetto survivor? As Shock G would say, “The answer is ‘d:’ All [of] The Above.” Though the Brooklyn emcee came off as a straight-up cynic on his last Booth feature, this new single sees Maino donning his rose-colored glasses to forecast a brighter tomorrow over an expansive beat by Just Blaze and Nard & B. The optimistic subject matter coupled with T-Pain‘s anthemic chorus make it seem as though the rapper’s angling for an uplifting crossover hit in the vein of T.I.‘s Best of the Booth award-winning Live Your Life, but will Maino’s motivational rhymes prove as crowd-pleasing as Tip’s? It’s too early to tell, but All The Above is definitely a catchy second single from the up-and-coming emcee, whose debut studio album, If Tomorrow Comes…, is set to hit stores and online retailers May 19th.
Written by richard on 01/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.