When you’ve just risen from a life of poverty to a multi-million-dollar major label deal, and your album is slated to be one of the first hip-hop sets released under the Obama administration, doesn’t that make you feel good? So good, that you feel like giving A Million Bucks back to the impoverished hood you left behind? Where most would refuse or simply forget to share the wealth, Maino makes sure that everyone in his community gets a piece of the industry cake he’s just been served. NYC party-starter Swizz Beatz adds to the mood with a brass and steel drum-driven beat, as well as introducing listeners everywhere to the “Money Dance” (put your hands up, then toss them forward like you’re making it rain). If this single’s got you feeling magnanimous, how about dropping a few bucks on If Tomorrow Comes…, set to (finally) hit stores June 30th.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)