When you’ve just risen from a life of poverty to a multi-million-dollar major label deal, and your album is slated to be one of the first hip-hop sets released under the Obama administration, doesn’t that make you feel good? So good, that you feel like giving A Million Bucks back to the impoverished hood you left behind? Where most would refuse or simply forget to share the wealth, Maino makes sure that everyone in his community gets a piece of the industry cake he’s just been served. NYC party-starter Swizz Beatz adds to the mood with a brass and steel drum-driven beat, as well as introducing listeners everywhere to the “Money Dance” (put your hands up, then toss them forward like you’re making it rain). If this single’s got you feeling magnanimous, how about dropping a few bucks on If Tomorrow Comes…, set to (finally) hit stores June 30th.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)