When you’ve just risen from a life of poverty to a multi-million-dollar major label deal, and your album is slated to be one of the first hip-hop sets released under the Obama administration, doesn’t that make you feel good? So good, that you feel like giving A Million Bucks back to the impoverished hood you left behind? Where most would refuse or simply forget to share the wealth, Maino makes sure that everyone in his community gets a piece of the industry cake he’s just been served. NYC party-starter Swizz Beatz adds to the mood with a brass and steel drum-driven beat, as well as introducing listeners everywhere to the “Money Dance” (put your hands up, then toss them forward like you’re making it rain). If this single’s got you feeling magnanimous, how about dropping a few bucks on If Tomorrow Comes…, set to (finally) hit stores June 30th.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.