When you’ve just risen from a life of poverty to a multi-million-dollar major label deal, and your album is slated to be one of the first hip-hop sets released under the Obama administration, doesn’t that make you feel good? So good, that you feel like giving A Million Bucks back to the impoverished hood you left behind? Where most would refuse or simply forget to share the wealth, Maino makes sure that everyone in his community gets a piece of the industry cake he’s just been served. NYC party-starter Swizz Beatz adds to the mood with a brass and steel drum-driven beat, as well as introducing listeners everywhere to the “Money Dance” (put your hands up, then toss them forward like you’re making it rain). If this single’s got you feeling magnanimous, how about dropping a few bucks on If Tomorrow Comes…, set to (finally) hit stores June 30th.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.