If you find a list of “Hip-Hop’s Biggest Goons,” chances are Maino will appear in the Top 10 (thanks in part to a certain altercation with Yung Berg). Knowing that his “rough” image could lead some to dismiss him as ‘just another gangsta rapper,’ the Brooklyn native has taken his latest feature as an opportunity to set the record straight. On LP cut Don’t Be Scared, Maino lets listeners know that, underneath his often-gruff demeanor lies a good-hearted man. David Banner contributes a downtempo, bass-heavy beat, complete with a hook sampled from Chris Brown‘s ‘08 hit, Get Like Me (something tells me Chris Breezy would like to deliver a similar message right about now). This track might not meet as warm a reception as some of Maino’s previous features, but the rapper’s heartfelt confessions are sure to strike a chord with many fans. For plenty of Maino’s trademark street anthems, as well as a few more introspective hits, be sure to pick up a copy of If Tomorrow Comes… when it finally drops June 30 (no more pushbacks this time)
Written by Burmy on 06/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.