Brooklyn born rapper Maino knows all about NWA. No, not the successful West Coast group that included Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, but rather his group of friends growing up in the streets. Collaborating with fellow New Yorker Uncle Murda and Interstate 78 neighbor Cassidy, the three MCs ride a tricked out orchestral version of Clint Mansell’s Requiem For A Dream. Produced by Dangerous LLC., (Disco Inferno) the record has a theatrical feel, which makes sense considering the sample has recently been used for both the TV show Lost and an installment of the trilogy, Lord of the Rings.
Written by DJ Z on 06/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.