Brooklyn born rapper Maino knows all about NWA. No, not the successful West Coast group that included Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, but rather his group of friends growing up in the streets. Collaborating with fellow New Yorker Uncle Murda and Interstate 78 neighbor Cassidy, the three MCs ride a tricked out orchestral version of Clint Mansell’s Requiem For A Dream. Produced by Dangerous LLC., (Disco Inferno) the record has a theatrical feel, which makes sense considering the sample has recently been used for both the TV show Lost and an installment of the trilogy, Lord of the Rings.
Written by DJ Z on 06/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.