Brooklyn born rapper Maino knows all about NWA. No, not the successful West Coast group that included Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, but rather his group of friends growing up in the streets. Collaborating with fellow New Yorker Uncle Murda and Interstate 78 neighbor Cassidy, the three MCs ride a tricked out orchestral version of Clint Mansell’s Requiem For A Dream. Produced by Dangerous LLC., (Disco Inferno) the record has a theatrical feel, which makes sense considering the sample has recently been used for both the TV show Lost and an installment of the trilogy, Lord of the Rings.
Written by DJ Z on 06/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.