From the moment he first picked up a mic until the moment before his single Hi Hater was released, rapper Maino was known only to the most avid hip-hop listeners. Since then, however, the Brooklyn native has enjoyed a plethora of guest artist work. For his next single, the rapper is considering However Do You Want It, which finds the emcee once again describing his rise from a life spent in and out of jail to star-studded events with paparazzi galore. Super-producer J.R. Rotem does his thing by sampling R&B group Soul II Soul‘s classic hit, Back to Life, and using a bassline also found in Cassidy‘s I’m A Hustla, 50 Cent‘s I Get Money, and LL Cool J‘s You Better Watch Me. Based on the reviews of those songs inside our Booth, though, Want It might win the single nod. If Tomorrow Comes… is set to arrive on December 30.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life ft. Lil' Kim & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.