Featured back in May, the original version of Maino‘s Don’t Say Nothing received some downright harsh reviews from many of our regulars. Today, the Northeastern street mainstay is back to set things right with the official remix. For this version of the joint, Maino retains Mista Raja and Sef Millz’ bass-booming, string-laced boardwork and Kalenna‘s guest vocals; the main revision is the addition of the other two-thirds of Dirty Money. Singer Dawn Richard contributes some Auto-Tune-drenched bars on the back end, and Diddy jumps on board to spit a typically braggadocious guest verse, kicked off with the lines “My b*tch is Albanian, my crib big as a stadium, my whip is operated by a naked Panamanian.” Fair enough – forcing your chauffeur to drive you around in the buff is as good a way as any to let the world know you’re one crazy M.F.-er. So, has Maino managed to redeem this joint with the help of the Ciroc spokesman and his cohorts? Whatever your take on the matter, you can keep it locked for all the latest on his Day After Tomorrow LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.