Maino‘s most recent features, the sorta-tacky Tiger and the lukewarmly (yes, according to my spell-checker, that’s actually a word) received Bring It Back DJ didn’t perform up to spec, but that hasn’t discouraged the Brooklyn thug one bit. Today, he’s back with Don’t Say Nothing, a cut that he’s hoping will leave his haters lost for words. Basing his boardwork around a sample from Shawty Lo‘s Dey Know (Remix), Mistah Raja mixes strings, synths and bass-booming percussion as Maino reminds us what a crazy M.F.-er he is. Dirty Money member Kalenna steps up to the mic to vouch for the headliner’s claims of insanity, contributing a minimal but memorable hook. So, readers, does this track leave you speechless – and, if so, is that good speechless or bad speechless? If it’s the former, stay tuned; the artist’s sophomore set , Day After Tomorrow, has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.