Maino‘s most recent features, the sorta-tacky Tiger and the lukewarmly (yes, according to my spell-checker, that’s actually a word) received Bring It Back DJ didn’t perform up to spec, but that hasn’t discouraged the Brooklyn thug one bit. Today, he’s back with Don’t Say Nothing, a cut that he’s hoping will leave his haters lost for words. Basing his boardwork around a sample from Shawty Lo‘s Dey Know (Remix), Mistah Raja mixes strings, synths and bass-booming percussion as Maino reminds us what a crazy M.F.-er he is. Dirty Money member Kalenna steps up to the mic to vouch for the headliner’s claims of insanity, contributing a minimal but memorable hook. So, readers, does this track leave you speechless – and, if so, is that good speechless or bad speechless? If it’s the former, stay tuned; the artist’s sophomore set , Day After Tomorrow, has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.