As Maino’s so fond of saying, the man does hustle hard, and the heavily inked New York emcee is back to prove he’s got more than just Tiger Woods’ sex addiction on his mind with the release of his new buzz single Bring It Back DJ. Although no actual DJ appears on the cut (really?), the track does pay sonic homage to hip-hop’s turntable backed roots, with one of the Booth’s favorite boardsmiths Kwame crafting a bouncing, synth heavy beat, the perfect backdrop for Maino’s straight ahead, high-caliber lines: “I ain’t no actor / black bandana / can’t get rid of me / baby I’m cancer.” So how about it Booth? Is Maino “ill” like cancer in the good sense or the bad sense on this cut? Bring It Back DJ will appear on Maino’s upcoming album The Day After Tomorrow, which is due to drop later this year and, I assume, bears no relation to the enjoyably terrible disaster movie of the same name.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)