As Maino’s so fond of saying, the man does hustle hard, and the heavily inked New York emcee is back to prove he’s got more than just Tiger Woods’ sex addiction on his mind with the release of his new buzz single Bring It Back DJ. Although no actual DJ appears on the cut (really?), the track does pay sonic homage to hip-hop’s turntable backed roots, with one of the Booth’s favorite boardsmiths Kwame crafting a bouncing, synth heavy beat, the perfect backdrop for Maino’s straight ahead, high-caliber lines: “I ain’t no actor / black bandana / can’t get rid of me / baby I’m cancer.” So how about it Booth? Is Maino “ill” like cancer in the good sense or the bad sense on this cut? Bring It Back DJ will appear on Maino’s upcoming album The Day After Tomorrow, which is due to drop later this year and, I assume, bears no relation to the enjoyably terrible disaster movie of the same name.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.