Maino has a long history of making controversial statements (see Rumors, a mixtape cut on which he spread uncomplimentary gossip about practically everyone in the game). Now, though, the Hi Hater emcee seems to have outdone himself. Claiming to possess psychic powers of prognostication, he hijacks Kwame‘s beat from Skillz’ ‘08 Rap-Up to give listeners some freestyled 2009 Predictions. Skillz’ Rap-Up found him skewering 2008’s major players with fond yet pointed humor, and expressing immense hope for the new year; Maino, however, is a cynic of the highest order. In the ‘09 he envisions, the economy is only going to get worse, record sales will to continue to disappoint, Amy Winehouse will OD, and 50 Cent will make an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show. All of these depressingly realistic (well, maybe not the last one) predictions and more should make this street record a hit with the glass-half-empty crowd. So, who’s got the right idea – the sunny Skillz or the incurably pessimistic Maino?
Written by richard on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.