Just how powerful is the product MAHD‘s pushing? Well, the fact that the Motown-repping newcomer feels compelled to puts its name in all-caps should give you a little idea. But don’t take my word for it—sample it for yourself. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, COCAINE is a dope-slinging banger that would make Tony Montana proud. Beatsmith Jay Edgar transports us back to the Reagan era with a sliced-and-diced flip of Pat Benatar’s Love Is a Battlefield as MAHD makes the record’s central metaphor explicit: “I compare my sh*t to coke because I see the same faces / that the dope fiends make front rows at my show.” Carolina phenom King Mez laces the final 16 with some addictive flows of his own. Craving more? Then keep an eye out for further details on the artist’s forthcoming EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date. In the meantime, Mez fans can click here to cop his latest project, My Everlasting Zeal, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.