Just how powerful is the product MAHD‘s pushing? Well, the fact that the Motown-repping newcomer feels compelled to puts its name in all-caps should give you a little idea. But don’t take my word for it—sample it for yourself. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, COCAINE is a dope-slinging banger that would make Tony Montana proud. Beatsmith Jay Edgar transports us back to the Reagan era with a sliced-and-diced flip of Pat Benatar’s Love Is a Battlefield as MAHD makes the record’s central metaphor explicit: “I compare my sh*t to coke because I see the same faces / that the dope fiends make front rows at my show.” Carolina phenom King Mez laces the final 16 with some addictive flows of his own. Craving more? Then keep an eye out for further details on the artist’s forthcoming EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date. In the meantime, Mez fans can click here to cop his latest project, My Everlasting Zeal, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.