After listening to MaG’s latest Booth feature, beat goes on…, I think it’s more than fair to put him in the same category as Picasso and Van Gogh. I know that neither were a recording artist, but
hear read me out. On beat goes on…, the Bronx native offers up a low-key flow, which is powered by his stellar lyrical ability. In fact, MaG’s lyrics are so vivid that he actually paints pictures with his rhymes (see, you were patient). Lines like “Late night cyphers, snipers shooting the strollers while momma changin’ the diapers” are finely-detailed brush strokes, sure to resonate with you long after the beat drops off. Matching MaG’s sophisticated, poetic performance, producer Kuddie Fresh cooks up a understated, snapping beat, which serves as the canvas for MaG’s lyrical work of art. For more refined hip-hop, check out the indie emcee’s newest album, Freedom, presented by Mick Boogie and RCRDLBL.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)