After listening to MaG’s latest Booth feature, beat goes on…, I think it’s more than fair to put him in the same category as Picasso and Van Gogh. I know that neither were a recording artist, but
hear read me out. On beat goes on…, the Bronx native offers up a low-key flow, which is powered by his stellar lyrical ability. In fact, MaG’s lyrics are so vivid that he actually paints pictures with his rhymes (see, you were patient). Lines like “Late night cyphers, snipers shooting the strollers while momma changin’ the diapers” are finely-detailed brush strokes, sure to resonate with you long after the beat drops off. Matching MaG’s sophisticated, poetic performance, producer Kuddie Fresh cooks up a understated, snapping beat, which serves as the canvas for MaG’s lyrical work of art. For more refined hip-hop, check out the indie emcee’s newest album, Freedom, presented by Mick Boogie and RCRDLBL.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.