After listening to MaG’s latest Booth feature, beat goes on…, I think it’s more than fair to put him in the same category as Picasso and Van Gogh. I know that neither were a recording artist, but
hear read me out. On beat goes on…, the Bronx native offers up a low-key flow, which is powered by his stellar lyrical ability. In fact, MaG’s lyrics are so vivid that he actually paints pictures with his rhymes (see, you were patient). Lines like “Late night cyphers, snipers shooting the strollers while momma changin’ the diapers” are finely-detailed brush strokes, sure to resonate with you long after the beat drops off. Matching MaG’s sophisticated, poetic performance, producer Kuddie Fresh cooks up a understated, snapping beat, which serves as the canvas for MaG’s lyrical work of art. For more refined hip-hop, check out the indie emcee’s newest album, Freedom, presented by Mick Boogie and RCRDLBL.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.