A slang expression whose coolness factor rests somewhere between “Aw, shucks” and “Golly gee whillickers!“, “Yowzers” is not a prominent part of most hip-hop lovers’ vocabularies; nonetheless, it’s the only word that can accurately express the peculiar combination of awe and surprise heads will feel upon listening to Maffew Ragazino‘s latest promo single. Having declared himself the Black Sheep of the game on his last feature, the Brownsville native reinforces his iconoclastic image on this throwback scorcher, using Vinyl Frontiers’ vintage-soul boardwork with a veritable avalanche of trash-talk. Not content with simply blasting the competition, Ragazino pours out his wrath upon their most deeply held ideals, their kin and their deities of choice: “F*ck whatever you stand for, all disrespect / F*ck your wife and your kids if you don’t think I’m the best / F*ck the God that you worship, go and tell him I said it.” Damn—that’s a lot of f*cking. Ragazino fans can catch the artist on SMKA‘s recently-released The Report EP, as well as keep it locked you-know-where for all his latest solo work.
Written by richard on 06/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.