A slang expression whose coolness factor rests somewhere between “Aw, shucks” and “Golly gee whillickers!“, “Yowzers” is not a prominent part of most hip-hop lovers’ vocabularies; nonetheless, it’s the only word that can accurately express the peculiar combination of awe and surprise heads will feel upon listening to Maffew Ragazino‘s latest promo single. Having declared himself the Black Sheep of the game on his last feature, the Brownsville native reinforces his iconoclastic image on this throwback scorcher, using Vinyl Frontiers’ vintage-soul boardwork with a veritable avalanche of trash-talk. Not content with simply blasting the competition, Ragazino pours out his wrath upon their most deeply held ideals, their kin and their deities of choice: “F*ck whatever you stand for, all disrespect / F*ck your wife and your kids if you don’t think I’m the best / F*ck the God that you worship, go and tell him I said it.” Damn—that’s a lot of f*cking. Ragazino fans can catch the artist on SMKA‘s recently-released The Report EP, as well as keep it locked you-know-where for all his latest solo work.
Written by richard on 06/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)