A slang expression whose coolness factor rests somewhere between “Aw, shucks” and “Golly gee whillickers!“, “Yowzers” is not a prominent part of most hip-hop lovers’ vocabularies; nonetheless, it’s the only word that can accurately express the peculiar combination of awe and surprise heads will feel upon listening to Maffew Ragazino‘s latest promo single. Having declared himself the Black Sheep of the game on his last feature, the Brownsville native reinforces his iconoclastic image on this throwback scorcher, using Vinyl Frontiers’ vintage-soul boardwork with a veritable avalanche of trash-talk. Not content with simply blasting the competition, Ragazino pours out his wrath upon their most deeply held ideals, their kin and their deities of choice: “F*ck whatever you stand for, all disrespect / F*ck your wife and your kids if you don’t think I’m the best / F*ck the God that you worship, go and tell him I said it.” Damn—that’s a lot of f*cking. Ragazino fans can catch the artist on SMKA‘s recently-released The Report EP, as well as keep it locked you-know-where for all his latest solo work.
Written by richard on 06/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)