F*ck food, water and oxygen—for Maffew Ragazino (like Weezy before him), the bare Necessities are money, p*ssy and weed. The Brooklyn spitter’s first featured cut since January EP single Box Office Smash, this freshly-released loosie finds producer NameBrand serving up a hazy, sampled backdrop for bars about Ragazino’s three favorite topics, as well as a few lyrical barbs aimed at the artist’s haters. A fellow fan of the headliner’s Big Three, Virginia Beach-repping newcomer Steady Fam delivers a braggadocio-laced closing verse. Though this record isn’t attached to the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Maffew’s White Gold EP, released to the ‘net back in February.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.