F*ck food, water and oxygen—for Maffew Ragazino (like Weezy before him), the bare Necessities are money, p*ssy and weed. The Brooklyn spitter’s first featured cut since January EP single Box Office Smash, this freshly-released loosie finds producer NameBrand serving up a hazy, sampled backdrop for bars about Ragazino’s three favorite topics, as well as a few lyrical barbs aimed at the artist’s haters. A fellow fan of the headliner’s Big Three, Virginia Beach-repping newcomer Steady Fam delivers a braggadocio-laced closing verse. Though this record isn’t attached to the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Maffew’s White Gold EP, released to the ‘net back in February.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.