Booth readers know I’m all about stoking the flames of controversy (Carter IV vs. Watch the Throne vs. R.E.D. Album—go!) but, on the real, sometimes it’s a beautiful thing to simply watch two talented ballers showcase their skills, regardless of who wins and loses. Jordan vs. Bird, a newly-released buzz record on which Maffew Ragazino collides with Action Bronson, is one of those moments. Beatsmith Digga keeps it understated on the production tip, layering pensive synth-strings over a minimal percussion rhythm as the Foreign Exchange Student laces the beat with his most aggressive lyrical ammunition: “Douse n*ggas in bourbon, set ‘em ablaze / If I’m not on the cover, f*cker right up on the 98th page/ Crime pays more than Phillip Morris / Heir to the throne is set in stone—rigor mortis.” Fresh off hooking up with Harlemite Smoke DZA on today’s Big, Bad & Dangerous, the Flushing buzzmaker only lends further credence to my theory that Ghostface hired a bearded white guy to pose for photos as a practical joke. (Yes, that’s a compliment.) I know what I said earlier, but f*ck it: who emerges victorious from this bruising cut, Booth readers? Whoever you pick, you can expect more freshness on Ragazino’s Rhyme Pays LP, coming soon.
Written by richard on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.