Booth readers know I’m all about stoking the flames of controversy (Carter IV vs. Watch the Throne vs. R.E.D. Album—go!) but, on the real, sometimes it’s a beautiful thing to simply watch two talented ballers showcase their skills, regardless of who wins and loses. Jordan vs. Bird, a newly-released buzz record on which Maffew Ragazino collides with Action Bronson, is one of those moments. Beatsmith Digga keeps it understated on the production tip, layering pensive synth-strings over a minimal percussion rhythm as the Foreign Exchange Student laces the beat with his most aggressive lyrical ammunition: “Douse n*ggas in bourbon, set ‘em ablaze / If I’m not on the cover, f*cker right up on the 98th page/ Crime pays more than Phillip Morris / Heir to the throne is set in stone—rigor mortis.” Fresh off hooking up with Harlemite Smoke DZA on today’s Big, Bad & Dangerous, the Flushing buzzmaker only lends further credence to my theory that Ghostface hired a bearded white guy to pose for photos as a practical joke. (Yes, that’s a compliment.) I know what I said earlier, but f*ck it: who emerges victorious from this bruising cut, Booth readers? Whoever you pick, you can expect more freshness on Ragazino’s Rhyme Pays LP, coming soon.
Written by richard on 08/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.