Not featured on the solo tip since last summer’s Jordan vs. Bird, Maffew Ragazino makes his return to our pages with Jackson Pollock, a fresh mixtape single which, as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with the abstract expressionist icon whose name it shares. Of course, that doesn’t make it any less dope to hear the Big Apple buzzmaker go toe to toe with Das Racist‘s Kool A.D. and Heems over Harry Fraud‘s piano-loop boardwork (sampled from Grizzly Bear’s Two Weeks). Ragazino’s Rare Gems 2: Black Gold tape has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can hear more from the artist on SMKA‘s The Report EP, released in 2011 and available for free streaming/download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.