Not featured on the solo tip since last summer’s Jordan vs. Bird, Maffew Ragazino makes his return to our pages with Jackson Pollock, a fresh mixtape single which, as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with the abstract expressionist icon whose name it shares. Of course, that doesn’t make it any less dope to hear the Big Apple buzzmaker go toe to toe with Das Racist‘s Kool A.D. and Heems over Harry Fraud‘s piano-loop boardwork (sampled from Grizzly Bear’s Two Weeks). Ragazino’s Rare Gems 2: Black Gold tape has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can hear more from the artist on SMKA‘s The Report EP, released in 2011 and available for free streaming/download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.