Not featured on the solo tip since last summer’s Jordan vs. Bird, Maffew Ragazino makes his return to our pages with Jackson Pollock, a fresh mixtape single which, as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with the abstract expressionist icon whose name it shares. Of course, that doesn’t make it any less dope to hear the Big Apple buzzmaker go toe to toe with Das Racist‘s Kool A.D. and Heems over Harry Fraud‘s piano-loop boardwork (sampled from Grizzly Bear’s Two Weeks). Ragazino’s Rare Gems 2: Black Gold tape has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can hear more from the artist on SMKA‘s The Report EP, released in 2011 and available for free streaming/download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.