Not featured on the solo tip since last summer’s Jordan vs. Bird, Maffew Ragazino makes his return to our pages with Jackson Pollock, a fresh mixtape single which, as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with the abstract expressionist icon whose name it shares. Of course, that doesn’t make it any less dope to hear the Big Apple buzzmaker go toe to toe with Das Racist‘s Kool A.D. and Heems over Harry Fraud‘s piano-loop boardwork (sampled from Grizzly Bear’s Two Weeks). Ragazino’s Rare Gems 2: Black Gold tape has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can hear more from the artist on SMKA‘s The Report EP, released in 2011 and available for free streaming/download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)