The Oscars are still a month away, but Maffew Ragazino already seems to have cinema on the brain. Fresh off paying homage to ‘80s child star River Phoenix on his last EP single, the BK buzzmaker compares his own life to a blockbuster film on the follow-up, Box Office Smash. Joe Black and Noyz provide the soundtrack for this gritty ‘hood drama, serving up an organ-driven groove garnished by Chipmunk-soul vocal samples as Ragazino envisions himself balling on the silver screen. Fellow Brooklynite Troy Ave co-stars, lacing verse two with his trademark braggadocious block talk. Enjoyed this preview? Then be sure to check out the feature presentation in February, when Maffew Ragazino’s White Gold EP hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Brooklyn rhymesayer Maffew Ragazino has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street album, Brownsville's Jesus. Presented in two sections titled The New Testament and The Old Testament, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.