The Oscars are still a month away, but Maffew Ragazino already seems to have cinema on the brain. Fresh off paying homage to ‘80s child star River Phoenix on his last EP single, the BK buzzmaker compares his own life to a blockbuster film on the follow-up, Box Office Smash. Joe Black and Noyz provide the soundtrack for this gritty ‘hood drama, serving up an organ-driven groove garnished by Chipmunk-soul vocal samples as Ragazino envisions himself balling on the silver screen. Fellow Brooklynite Troy Ave co-stars, lacing verse two with his trademark braggadocious block talk. Enjoyed this preview? Then be sure to check out the feature presentation in February, when Maffew Ragazino’s White Gold EP hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.