The Oscars are still a month away, but Maffew Ragazino already seems to have cinema on the brain. Fresh off paying homage to ‘80s child star River Phoenix on his last EP single, the BK buzzmaker compares his own life to a blockbuster film on the follow-up, Box Office Smash. Joe Black and Noyz provide the soundtrack for this gritty ‘hood drama, serving up an organ-driven groove garnished by Chipmunk-soul vocal samples as Ragazino envisions himself balling on the silver screen. Fellow Brooklynite Troy Ave co-stars, lacing verse two with his trademark braggadocious block talk. Enjoyed this preview? Then be sure to check out the feature presentation in February, when Maffew Ragazino’s White Gold EP hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)