I guess guys with British accents aren’t the only ones that make the women swoon when they speak. According to Brooklyn MC Maffew Ragazino, on his new single BK Accent, women tend to fall prey to his audible appeal as well. He spits classic NY verses about it over gritty drums and baritone sax riffs that seem tailored for the occasion. Helping deconstruct this Fred Bear produced track is fellow Brooklynite, Skyzoo and, as usual, he proves with ease why he is one of the best doing it right now, continuing to give listeners witty punch lines and catchphrases that most usually don’t catch until after about the third or fourth listen. BK Accent is featured on Maffew’s forthcoming Black Gold album, which we will have for you in the Booth upon its release.
Written by WriterJones on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.