I guess guys with British accents aren’t the only ones that make the women swoon when they speak. According to Brooklyn MC Maffew Ragazino, on his new single BK Accent, women tend to fall prey to his audible appeal as well. He spits classic NY verses about it over gritty drums and baritone sax riffs that seem tailored for the occasion. Helping deconstruct this Fred Bear produced track is fellow Brooklynite, Skyzoo and, as usual, he proves with ease why he is one of the best doing it right now, continuing to give listeners witty punch lines and catchphrases that most usually don’t catch until after about the third or fourth listen. BK Accent is featured on Maffew’s forthcoming Black Gold album, which we will have for you in the Booth upon its release.
Written by WriterJones on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.