Though first-time featuree Maffew Ragazino refers to himself as a Foreign Exchange Student on his latest single, I have a feeling Booth readers won’t have any trouble bridging the culture gap… mostly because there isn’t one. Hailing from Brownsville, New York, the up-and-comer exhibits a style firmly rooted in old-school hip-hop – the only thing foreign about him is his exotically fly wardrobe. Keivan Mack keeps it retro on the production tip, putting his own spin on the swanky, sampled beat that backed Top Quality’s ‘93 cut Magnum Opus. On the lyrical tip Ragazino breathes fresh new life into the oft-addressed topic of haute couture, mixing brand-namedrops with more general braggadocio: “More styles than Vinnie, call me your Uncle Paulie / I was born fly, your wings are so faulty.“ Digging this newcomer’s globetrotting style? Then keep it locked for future entries in the artist’s weekly Money And Fame Fuel Everybody’s Wednesday series, as well as release details on his forthcoming album (due out in the first quarter of 2011).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!