Though first-time featuree Maffew Ragazino refers to himself as a Foreign Exchange Student on his latest single, I have a feeling Booth readers won’t have any trouble bridging the culture gap… mostly because there isn’t one. Hailing from Brownsville, New York, the up-and-comer exhibits a style firmly rooted in old-school hip-hop – the only thing foreign about him is his exotically fly wardrobe. Keivan Mack keeps it retro on the production tip, putting his own spin on the swanky, sampled beat that backed Top Quality’s ‘93 cut Magnum Opus. On the lyrical tip Ragazino breathes fresh new life into the oft-addressed topic of haute couture, mixing brand-namedrops with more general braggadocio: “More styles than Vinnie, call me your Uncle Paulie / I was born fly, your wings are so faulty.“ Digging this newcomer’s globetrotting style? Then keep it locked for future entries in the artist’s weekly Money And Fame Fuel Everybody’s Wednesday series, as well as release details on his forthcoming album (due out in the first quarter of 2011).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.