Like Gladiators in Ancient Rome, emcees are expected to perform, do battle and occasionally even risk life and limb for the amusement of the public. On a newly-released single off his next street release, Toronto emcee Maestro Fresh Wes turns to his audience, arms outstretched, and asks, “Are you not entertained?” As the artist delivers his bloodthirsty bars, beatsmith Lord Quest serves up an appropriately cinematic, string-drenched instrumental backdrop, incorporating some Latin choral vocals into the record’s hook. Fighting alongside the headliner is Toronto-repping Booth regular Rich Kidd, who steps into the spotlight on the final verse. Fans will be able to find this joint, debut Booth feature Stranger and much more on Wes’ Orchestrated Noise LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.