Like Gladiators in Ancient Rome, emcees are expected to perform, do battle and occasionally even risk life and limb for the amusement of the public. On a newly-released single off his next street release, Toronto emcee Maestro Fresh Wes turns to his audience, arms outstretched, and asks, “Are you not entertained?” As the artist delivers his bloodthirsty bars, beatsmith Lord Quest serves up an appropriately cinematic, string-drenched instrumental backdrop, incorporating some Latin choral vocals into the record’s hook. Fighting alongside the headliner is Toronto-repping Booth regular Rich Kidd, who steps into the spotlight on the final verse. Fans will be able to find this joint, debut Booth feature Stranger and much more on Wes’ Orchestrated Noise LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.