Like Gladiators in Ancient Rome, emcees are expected to perform, do battle and occasionally even risk life and limb for the amusement of the public. On a newly-released single off his next street release, Toronto emcee Maestro Fresh Wes turns to his audience, arms outstretched, and asks, “Are you not entertained?” As the artist delivers his bloodthirsty bars, beatsmith Lord Quest serves up an appropriately cinematic, string-drenched instrumental backdrop, incorporating some Latin choral vocals into the record’s hook. Fighting alongside the headliner is Toronto-repping Booth regular Rich Kidd, who steps into the spotlight on the final verse. Fans will be able to find this joint, debut Booth feature Stranger and much more on Wes’ Orchestrated Noise LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.