Like Gladiators in Ancient Rome, emcees are expected to perform, do battle and occasionally even risk life and limb for the amusement of the public. On a newly-released single off his next street release, Toronto emcee Maestro Fresh Wes turns to his audience, arms outstretched, and asks, “Are you not entertained?” As the artist delivers his bloodthirsty bars, beatsmith Lord Quest serves up an appropriately cinematic, string-drenched instrumental backdrop, incorporating some Latin choral vocals into the record’s hook. Fighting alongside the headliner is Toronto-repping Booth regular Rich Kidd, who steps into the spotlight on the final verse. Fans will be able to find this joint, debut Booth feature Stranger and much more on Wes’ Orchestrated Noise LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)