Drizzy may have put Toronto on the hip-hop map, but Maestro (formerly known as Maestro Fresh Wes) has been “killin’ ‘em since the days of killin’ ‘em started.” On new single Dearly Departed, the North-of-the-Border veteran reminds listeners why they call him the “Godfather of Canadian Hip-Hop,” looking back on the countless liters of blood, sweat and tears he’s expended over more than 25 years on the grind. Kardinal Offishall, another seasoned veteran of the T-Dot scene, jumps on Lord Quest‘s grimy instrumental to deliver verse two, as well as providing a reggae-infused hook. Official visuals come courtesy of director Andre Rehal. Fans will be able to find this cut, May’s reader-approved Gladiator and many more bangers on Maestro’s Orchestrated Noise LP, dropping June 25, via Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.