The New Year is supposed to symbolize a clean slate, but Harlem veteran Ma$e is beginning his 2014 with a few regrets. Promo cut Why Can’t We, the artist’s first official single in more than a decade, finds the rhymesayer fantasizing about the life he could have led with a certain woman, if he hadn’t let their relationship fall apart. Remo the Hitmaker provides a gentle, R&B-tinged backdrop for Mason Betha’s wistful bars, and a group of singers by the un-Googleable name of HER lend their vocals to the hook. Though it seems like it may be too late for Ma$e to patch things up with his ex-girl, this joint will, without a doubt, help the long-dormant emcee win back his fanbase leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of comeback LP Now We Even (on which it may or may not be featured).
Written by richard on 01/2/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.