The New Year is supposed to symbolize a clean slate, but Harlem veteran Ma$e is beginning his 2014 with a few regrets. Promo cut Why Can’t We, the artist’s first official single in more than a decade, finds the rhymesayer fantasizing about the life he could have led with a certain woman, if he hadn’t let their relationship fall apart. Remo the Hitmaker provides a gentle, R&B-tinged backdrop for Mason Betha’s wistful bars, and a group of singers by the un-Googleable name of HER lend their vocals to the hook. Though it seems like it may be too late for Ma$e to patch things up with his ex-girl, this joint will, without a doubt, help the long-dormant emcee win back his fanbase leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of comeback LP Now We Even (on which it may or may not be featured).
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.