The New Year is supposed to symbolize a clean slate, but Harlem veteran Ma$e is beginning his 2014 with a few regrets. Promo cut Why Can’t We, the artist’s first official single in more than a decade, finds the rhymesayer fantasizing about the life he could have led with a certain woman, if he hadn’t let their relationship fall apart. Remo the Hitmaker provides a gentle, R&B-tinged backdrop for Mason Betha’s wistful bars, and a group of singers by the un-Googleable name of HER lend their vocals to the hook. Though it seems like it may be too late for Ma$e to patch things up with his ex-girl, this joint will, without a doubt, help the long-dormant emcee win back his fanbase leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of comeback LP Now We Even (on which it may or may not be featured).
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.