The New Year is supposed to symbolize a clean slate, but Harlem veteran Ma$e is beginning his 2014 with a few regrets. Promo cut Why Can’t We, the artist’s first official single in more than a decade, finds the rhymesayer fantasizing about the life he could have led with a certain woman, if he hadn’t let their relationship fall apart. Remo the Hitmaker provides a gentle, R&B-tinged backdrop for Mason Betha’s wistful bars, and a group of singers by the un-Googleable name of HER lend their vocals to the hook. Though it seems like it may be too late for Ma$e to patch things up with his ex-girl, this joint will, without a doubt, help the long-dormant emcee win back his fanbase leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of comeback LP Now We Even (on which it may or may not be featured).
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)