Not featured on the solo tip since January, when he set the Booth ablaze with Pryor on Fire, MadKem returns to our pages with follow-up EP single Whatever Works. On this left-of-center selection, the Big Apple rhymesayer underscores the importance of “[doing] you,” whatever that might entail. Over the frenetic, sample-laced percussion and grainy synths of DroP Beats (reprising his role behind the boards from the aforementioned joint), he pledges to stay “paintin’ Picassos”—critics and haters be damned. The creativity and tenacity showcased here can only bode well for the artist’s La Vie en Bleu LP, scheduled for release at an as yet-unscheduled date later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.