Not featured on the solo tip since January, when he set the Booth ablaze with Pryor on Fire, MadKem returns to our pages with follow-up EP single Whatever Works. On this left-of-center selection, the Big Apple rhymesayer underscores the importance of “[doing] you,” whatever that might entail. Over the frenetic, sample-laced percussion and grainy synths of DroP Beats (reprising his role behind the boards from the aforementioned joint), he pledges to stay “paintin’ Picassos”—critics and haters be damned. The creativity and tenacity showcased here can only bode well for the artist’s La Vie en Bleu LP, scheduled for release at an as yet-unscheduled date later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
NYC rhymesayer MadKem has unleashed his latest independent full-length, La Vie en Bleu. The set boasts 12 tracks' worth of original material from the Elementarity Productions signee, including featured cuts "
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)