A good percentage of men have probably run into the problem that emcee MadKem discusses on Ms. Badu. A man digs a girl physically, only to find out that she’s the obsessive type. From the recently-released Charles Workman LP, the Darren Paul produced Ms. Badu has an engaging beat that MadKem raps with expertise over while tying the plot together through an excellent hook. As Kem tells it in narrative verses, the girl is truly in need of a partner so it comes off as dirty that the man used her for sex, but then her psychosis becomes clear and you can only hope the guy can get away from this Fatal Attraction-styled chick. He was only trying to get down with the get down, she was looking for her next home – I think we’ve all been there. The Charles Workman LP is now available on iTunes.
Written by JC Poppe on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.