A good percentage of men have probably run into the problem that emcee MadKem discusses on Ms. Badu. A man digs a girl physically, only to find out that she’s the obsessive type. From the recently-released Charles Workman LP, the Darren Paul produced Ms. Badu has an engaging beat that MadKem raps with expertise over while tying the plot together through an excellent hook. As Kem tells it in narrative verses, the girl is truly in need of a partner so it comes off as dirty that the man used her for sex, but then her psychosis becomes clear and you can only hope the guy can get away from this Fatal Attraction-styled chick. He was only trying to get down with the get down, she was looking for her next home – I think we’ve all been there. The Charles Workman LP is now available on iTunes.
Written by JC Poppe on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.