A good percentage of men have probably run into the problem that emcee MadKem discusses on Ms. Badu. A man digs a girl physically, only to find out that she’s the obsessive type. From the recently-released Charles Workman LP, the Darren Paul produced Ms. Badu has an engaging beat that MadKem raps with expertise over while tying the plot together through an excellent hook. As Kem tells it in narrative verses, the girl is truly in need of a partner so it comes off as dirty that the man used her for sex, but then her psychosis becomes clear and you can only hope the guy can get away from this Fatal Attraction-styled chick. He was only trying to get down with the get down, she was looking for her next home – I think we’ve all been there. The Charles Workman LP is now available on iTunes.
Written by JC Poppe on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.