While overnight success stories do happen on occasion, if you’re serious about making it in the music industry, there’s no substitute for Hard Work. MadKem, for one, has his nose pressed so firmly to the grindstone that I’m surprised he even has a nose anymore. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, the Soulspazm/Elementality signee depicts himself as a modern-day Atlas, carrying the rest of the game on his shoulders. Unappreciated as he may often feel, though, he’s going to keep busting his ass till he gets the shine he deserves. DroP Beats provides an upbeat, sampled instrumental to back the emcee’s bars. Kola La Vie is scheduled to drop at an as yet unscheduled date this spring, following its release in a truncated, digital EP version on February 19.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.