Like your beats raw and your flows mad prickly—like, prickly pear prickly? OK, on the real, I have absolutely no idea what that means. After listening to MadFlow‘s first Booth feature, though, I can tell you with certainty that it sounds hella dope. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this freshly-minted remix of Give It to Ya finds DJ Hell Rza layering old-school cuts over a clattering, break-driven groove as the Birmingham, UK rhymesayer demonstrates exactly why they call him The Abominable Flowman. The secret to his inimitably fresh style? Well, it’s evidently got something to do with proper nutrition; as M.F. proudly announces on the middle, his bars come packed with, “...energy, protein and carbohydrates / Can’t forget the phatness and Vitamin C.” Thirsty for more pure and unadulterated, all-natural lyrical flames from this talented up-and-comer? You’re in luck. Psykhomantus Presents: MadFlow - The Abominable Flowman is set to be unleashed upon the ‘net tomorrow, February 14 (aka Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)