Like your beats raw and your flows mad prickly—like, prickly pear prickly? OK, on the real, I have absolutely no idea what that means. After listening to MadFlow‘s first Booth feature, though, I can tell you with certainty that it sounds hella dope. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this freshly-minted remix of Give It to Ya finds DJ Hell Rza layering old-school cuts over a clattering, break-driven groove as the Birmingham, UK rhymesayer demonstrates exactly why they call him The Abominable Flowman. The secret to his inimitably fresh style? Well, it’s evidently got something to do with proper nutrition; as M.F. proudly announces on the middle, his bars come packed with, “...energy, protein and carbohydrates / Can’t forget the phatness and Vitamin C.” Thirsty for more pure and unadulterated, all-natural lyrical flames from this talented up-and-comer? You’re in luck. Psykhomantus Presents: MadFlow - The Abominable Flowman is set to be unleashed upon the ‘net tomorrow, February 14 (aka Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.