I have a soft spot for Madchild, because last July I did my first ever feature writeup on his cut, Monster. I think that might be the first time “soft spot” and “Madchild” have beenused in the same sentence because, as you can tell from the newly-released visual Underground King, the Vancouver native is anything but soft. C-Lance cooks up an edgy beat driven by frenetic keyboard arpeggios. Atop the beat, Mad takes aim at the cookie cutter rappers, delivering his aggressive bars in a brash, nasal flow. The Canadian Underground King will continue his reign in August, when his new album, Lawn Mower Man, is released to the masses.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.