I have a soft spot for Madchild, because last July I did my first ever feature writeup on his cut, Monster. I think that might be the first time “soft spot” and “Madchild” have beenused in the same sentence because, as you can tell from the newly-released visual Underground King, the Vancouver native is anything but soft. C-Lance cooks up an edgy beat driven by frenetic keyboard arpeggios. Atop the beat, Mad takes aim at the cookie cutter rappers, delivering his aggressive bars in a brash, nasal flow. The Canadian Underground King will continue his reign in August, when his new album, Lawn Mower Man, is released to the masses.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.