I have a soft spot for Madchild, because last July I did my first ever feature writeup on his cut, Monster. I think that might be the first time “soft spot” and “Madchild” have beenused in the same sentence because, as you can tell from the newly-released visual Underground King, the Vancouver native is anything but soft. C-Lance cooks up an edgy beat driven by frenetic keyboard arpeggios. Atop the beat, Mad takes aim at the cookie cutter rappers, delivering his aggressive bars in a brash, nasal flow. The Canadian Underground King will continue his reign in August, when his new album, Lawn Mower Man, is released to the masses.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.